Home > Records > Pistol Permit
Pistol Permit applications may also be obtained at the Lee County Sheriff's Office located at 1900 Fredrick Road Opelika, Alabama.
This application is for a general class non-restrictive concealed carry permit. It covers concealed carry of a handgun and does not require the licensee to carry a specific firearm.
You may use two options to submit your pistol permit application:
1) Complete this form on-line then print and either mail in or bring to the Sheriff's Office at 1900 Frederick Road Opelika, AL 36801 M-F 8am to 5pm CST
2) Print this form and fill out (please print) and either mail or bring to the Sheriff's Office at 1900 Frederick Road Opelika, AL 36801 M-F 8am to 5pm CST.
Please read the following before applying for a permit:
1. You can only apply for a permit in the county where you live, therefore you must be a resident of Lee County before you can apply for a permit with this office.
2. You are not required to have a permit for a rifle or shotgun.
3. Once the application has been submitted, please allow 30 business days for it to be processed. You should call the Sheriff's Office at (334) 737-7107 M-F 8am to 5pm CST to inquire on the status of your application.
4. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a permit.
5. You must appear in person to pick up a permit for the first time, a renewal notice will be mailed in the month of expiration.
6. Permits can be issued up to five years at a time.
7. The Sheriff's Office accepts currency, money orders or checks. We are now accepting debit/credit cards as well. If paying by cash, please have correct change.
Permits may be picked up Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm CST.
The cost of a pistol permit is $20.00 for anyone age 18 to 59. The cost for persons age 60 or over is $15.00.
Concealed Carry Firearms Permits Information Disclosure Policy:
It is the policy of the Lee County Sheriff's Office to maintain the privacy of all individuals who hold a concealed carry firearms permit issued by the Sheriff of Lee County. Records concerning information on concealed carry firearms permits are considered confidential and are not released to the public.