Home > Records > Contact Us > FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Answers to most questions can be found throughout this website, we have attempted to list the most frequently asked questions here. If you stil have a question and can't find the answer do not hesitate to give us a call. Our number is 334-749-5651 or check our contact page for a more detailed listing.
1. What time and what days are fingerprints taken? Monday thru Thursday from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm.
2. May I check warrants on someone? No. Only on yourself.
3. Where do we need to go to get a pistol permit application? You may apply on line at this website or pick up an application at the Lee County Sheriff's Office located at 1900 Frederick Road, Opelika, Al. 36804
4. Can we get restraining orders at the Sheriff's Office? No. They need to be obtained through an attorney.
5. What are protection from abuse orders? They are similar to restraining orders, but only apply to domestic situations.
6. How do we get a background check done? Bring in a release form from employer or housing entity, along with a picture ID from a state or a passport along with $3.00 (cash only).
7. How do we file an eviction? If you have a lease, give one written ten day notice and file through the Circuit Clerks office. If you do not have a lease, give two written ten days notices, eleven days apart, then file through the Circuit Clerks office. These notices may be hand delivered or mailed.
8. How do we get a warrant signed? First you must file a report of the incident with our agency, then come to our office and get a copy of the report and take it to the Circuits Clerks office to sign the warrant. This must be done in person!
9. What hours are you open? Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm for regular business transactions. For emergencies we are open 24/7.
10. What hours is the Circuit Clerks office open? They are open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm. They are closed every Wednesday.
11. What hours is the courthouse on 9th Street open? Monday through Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
12. What is the number to the courthouse on 9th Street? 334-745-9761 or 800-239-4469
13. What is the number to the Justice Center? 334-749-7141
14. What is the number to the Satelite Office in Smiths Station? 334-291-1326
15. What is the difference between the courthouse and the Justice Center? The courthouse is located on 9th Street in downtown Opelika and where most county business is conducted. The Probate Judge, County Commission Office and the Revenue Commissioner's office are located there. The Justice Center, located at 2311 Gateway Drive, Opelika, Al. is where the District/Circuit Courts, the Circuit Clerk's Office and Office of Courts is located.